Our goal is for you to see your family doctor within 48 hours. If your doctor is not available for an urgent problem, you will be offered an appointment with another doctor in our clinic, during the day or after hours.
When making an appointment, please inform the staff of the nature of your problem. If you will need a form or note completed, please inform the staff when booking your appointment.
Unforeseen medical emergencies can make a doctor late during the course of a day. In a medical crisis, the doctor will not limit the time needed to support a patient in this situation. Please try to remain understanding of such circumstances.
The FHO practice model allows us to handle more medical requests by phone, reducing the need to see your doctor for some medical problems. We have increased the scope of services offered directly by our excellent nursing staff.
We kindly request 24 hours notice to cancel or to reschedule an appointment. The appointment you have means that we have reserved time for you. If you miss an appointment without 24 hours notice, you may be billed for the missed visit at Ontario Medical Association recommended rates.
After Hours Appointments
As a member of the FHO, you will have access to one of the physicians in our clinic, from 5 to 8 pm Monday through Thursday, and on Saturdays from 9 am to noon. Patients are seen after hours by pre-booked appointment with the physician who is working that evening.
If you have a health problem that arises during the hours that the office is closed, we request that you contact the office as soon as we open the next day and we will provide you with a same day appointment to address the problem. You can also call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, TTY: 1-866-797-0007, to talk directly with a Registered Nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If the problem is of an emergent nature, please proceed to the emergency room.
In return for our obligation to be available to you around the clock, your enrollment in the FHO means that you agree to always call us first as your primary clinic.
Phone calls are handled by our office staff. If you wish to speak to a doctor, it usually is preferable to make an appointment, so that the problem can be properly assessed and addressed. In order to allow us to provide the best possible care, please do not ask for a diagnosis or a new prescription by phone.
|REGULAR CLINIC HOURS||URGENT CLINIC HOURS|
|Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
|Monday – Thursday: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
THE OFFICE IS CLOSED FOR LUNCH DAILY BETWEEN 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
THE OFFICE IS CLOSED ON SUNDAY
Closed for staff meeting first Friday of each month: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Our phone system is not set up to accept voice messages.
Advanced Access Scheduling System
In order to ensure timely appointments with your family physician, Palladium Medical Clinic will be using a model known as Advanced Access to book appointments. Advanced Access is a new way of scheduling appointments with your physician. Instead of calling ahead and waiting for your appointment, with Advanced Access you call the Palladium Medical Clinic and you will be seen the same day or next day your physician is working. The exceptions are physicals and well baby/child visits. These longer appointments can be scheduled up to 5 business days in advance.
How Does Advanced Access Work?
Call to schedule an appointment when you need to be seen. This includes:
- Routine follow-up (physician has asked you to return after a specified time – i.e., two weeks, three months, etc.).
- Preventive care (i.e., annual physical).
- Non-urgent issues that arise (i.e., health education, immunizations, etc.).
- You will be asked if you would like an appointment that day or the following day.
- Urgent care (sore throats, earache, urinary tract infections, etc.) appointments will always be scheduled the same day you call.
- Consult us for ALL health issues unless you are traveling or it is an emergency (dial 911 or go to the hospital).
- Do not visit walk-in clinics or urgent care clinics without calling us first. By respecting this request, your doctor is constantly kept aware of your state of health allowing her/him to treat you better. If you are so ill that you need to go to the Emergency Room we do not need to be called first.
- You must bring your OHIP card with you to each visit.
- Prescriptions will only be filled at an appointment. We will give you enough medication to last until your next appointment.
- We receive lab results from Gamma Dynacare electronically. To speed the process of receiving test results, it is strongly suggested that you use a Gamma Dynacare lab.
Physicians’ Access to Health Records
Physicians at this center operate as a group to deliver health services. Even if your doctor is unavailable, another doctor in the group will accommodate you. However, it is required for all health care providers to have access to your medical records to serve you.
OHIP cannot cover the costs all health services rendered by family physicians. Certain services will be invoiced at OMA suggested rates: such as sick notes, TB tests, liquid nitrogen treatment, third party physicals, chart transfers, form completion, missed visits, invalid OHIP card (health card deposit), glue for lacerations and special vaccines (for travel purposes).
For more information visit: http://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/ecfa/action/primary/pri_access.aspx